Friday 30 March 2012

My First Cigar Box Guitar


So I decided to make a 3 string fret less cigar box guitar. This is a rough prototype and not a finished piece! I used a piezo transducer for the pickup, a standard 1/4 inch jack, volume control and on/off switch. I chose plug hole covers for the sound holes and screwed rod for the nut and bridge. The neck is high quality American Poplar and is a through neck.  The screws you see as the saddle are only temporary for testing purposes.


  
I am pretty happy with it so far, I have learnt a lot about building cigar box guitars from this project and hope to make many more. It sounds fantastic plugged in to my amp! I may add a video soon of how it sounds.



Let me know if anyone wants to see how it was made or if you want me to make you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment