Wednesday 14 March 2012

Diddley Bow


While I am waiting for my cigar box to arrive I have decided to build my first "Diddley Bow".





The Diddley Bow is of African origin which was popular in America during the 1920s (Delta Blues). It has been used recently by such artists as Seasick Steve and Jack White.





I will be picking up the parts in the morning and then start making it.

I shall document each stage for you all to see how to build one and then hopefully put a video on to show how it plays and looks.


Shopping list

  • A Guitar String
  • A nice length of hard wood
  • Screws
  • An old mint tin
  • A few other scraps of metal
  • Wire
  • Piezo transducer
  • Jack socket 1/4"
  • A tuning peg
  • 2 x screw eyes
  • Sand paper

See you tomorrow!

If you can't wait until then here is a video of Seasick Steve playing his song "Diddley Bo" on Later with Jools Holland.


No comments:

Post a Comment